REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the necessary components to gain access to the freeze plug that requires service.
- As required, raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Using a punch or a slide hammer, remove and discard the old freeze plug.
- If using a new metal freeze plug, position it over the opening in the block. Lightly tap it in place until it sits flush with the bore in the block.
- If using the rubber type freeze plug, position it over the opening in the block and using the proper tool, lock it in place.
- Install all the removed components. Lower the vehicle, as required.
- Fill the cooling system and check for leaks.
- Connect the negative battery cable.