REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cab
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle.
- Install a suitable flywheel holding tool and remove the flywheel retaining bolts. Remove the flywheel
- Remove the rear cover plate.
- With an awl, punch a hole into the seal metal surface between the lip and block. Use a slide hammer with a threaded end and remove the seal.
- Inspect the crankshaft seal area for any damage which may cause the seal to leak. If there is damage evident, service or replace the crankshaft as necessary
- Clean the seal mounting surfaces. Coat the crankshaft and seal with engine oil and press into place.
- Using a suitable seal installer, install the new rear seal cover. Install the cover plate.
- Install the flywheel and using a suitable flywheel holding tool, torque the flywheel retaining bolts to 131-137 ft. lbs. (180-190 Nm).
- Install the clutch and transaxle assemblies. Connect the negative battery. Start the engine and check for oil leaks.