REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The 2.0L engine is equipped with the camshaft mounted on top of the valves and springs. Because of this design characteristic, the 2.0L engine does not have rocker arms or rocker shafts.2.3L and 3.0L Engine
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place protective covers on the fenders.
- Remove the rocker arm (valve) cover according to the above procedure.
- Loosen and remove the rocker arm bolt, fulcrum and rocker arm. Keep all parts in order so they can be reinstalled to their original position.
- Clean all parts thoroughly. Check that all oil passages are open.
- Before installation, coat the valve tips, rocker arm and fulcrum contact areas with Lubriplate® or equivalent prelube.
- Install the rocker arm, fulcrum and rocker arm bolt. Tighten fulcrum bolt to 20-26 ft. lbs. (26-38 Nm).
- Install the rocker arm (valve) cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.