REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
When draining coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze, and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place protective covers on the front fenders.
- Drain the cooling system into a sealable container.
- Unplug the wire connector at the thermostat housing thermo-switch if equipped.
- Loosen the top radiator hose clamp. Remove the thermostat housing mounting bolts and lift up the housing. Remove the thermostat by turning counterclockwise.
- Clean the thermostat housing and engine gasket mounting surfaces.
- Install new mounting gasket and fully insert the thermostat to compress the gasket. Turn the thermostat clockwise to secure in housing.
- Position the housing onto the engine.Install radiator hose clamp and tighten to 20-30 inch lbs. (2.3-3.4 Nm). Install the mounting bolts and torque to 8-10 ft. lbs. (10-14 Nm).
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.