REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
When removing or installing the hood, the help of an assistant is recommended.
- Open and support the hood.
- Protect the body with vinyl covers or other devices to prevent damage to the paint.
- Scribe marks around the hinge locations for reference during installation.
- Carefully remove the attaching bolts. Be careful not to let the hood slip when the bolts are removed.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Place the hood into position. Install and partially tighten attaching bolts. Adjust the hood with the reference marks and tighten the attaching bolts.
- Check the hood for an even fit between fenders, and for flush fit with the front of the vehicle. Also, check for a flush fit with the top of the cowl and fenders. If necessary, adjust the hood latch. Remember, it is better to make numerous small adjustments, than one large adjustment.
- Torque attaching bolts to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-11 Nm).
See Figure 2
The hood can be adjusted fore and aft and side to side by loosening the hood-to-hinge attaching bolts and moving the hood. To raise or lower the hood, loosen the hinge attaching bolts and raise or lower the hinge as necessary.
The hood lock can also be moved from side-to-side as well as up and down and laterally to obtain a snug hood fit. Loosening the lock attaching screws and move as needed.