REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug any installed wire harness from the trunk hinge.
- Remove the bolts attaching the trunk to each hinge.
- Slide trunk up and away from the car.
- If replacing trunk, remove external trim, as well as the mounting plugs and lock.
- Slide trunk hinges into opening in the trunk lid. Loosely secure with bolts.
- Connect or fasten trunk lock mounting bumpers or other trim which needs to be installed.
- Connect any harnesses unplugged earlier.
- Close trunk slowly, and note the alignment position. Adjust if necessary.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Tighten the bolts to 18-26 ft. lbs. (21-31 Nm).
The trunk lid can be shifted fore and aft on all models as well as from side to side. The up and down adjustment can be made by loosening the hinge attaching bolts and raising or lowering the trunk.
The trunk lid should be adjusted for an even and parallel fit with the lid opening. The panel should also be adjusted up and down for a flush fit with the surrounding panels. Care should be taken not to distort or mar the the trunk lid or surrounding body panels.