REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
A special C-Clamp type removal/installation tool is required. See note under Stabilizer Bar for the Ford part number of this tool.
- Raise the front of the car and safely support it on jackstands.
- Remove the stabilizer bar-to-control arm nut and the dished washer.
- Remove the inner control arm pivot nut and bolt. Pull the arm down from its mounting and away from the stabilizer bar.
- Carefully cut away the retaining lip of the bushing. Use the special clamp type tool and remove the bushing.
- Saturate the new bushing with vegetable oil and install the bushing using the special tool.
- Position the lower control arm over the stabilizer bar and install into the inner body mounting using a new bolt and nut. Tighten the inner nut and bolt to 44-53 ft. lbs. (10-22 Nm). Tighten the stabilizer nut to 10-20 ft. lbs. (31-95 Nm). Be sure to install the dished washer ahead of the nut.