See Figures 1 and 2
This method is the same for both multiport and central fuel injected vehicles
- Remove the gas cap from the fuel tank to relieve any gas tank pressure.
- Locate the fuel diagnostic valve (pressure relieve valve) on the fuel rail assembly. On CFI vehicles, the valve is located near the rear of the air horn on the fuel charging unit.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly, if necessary.
- Attach the pressure gauge tool (T80L-1174-A or equivalent) to the fuel diagnostic valve.
- Pressure in the fuel system may now be released.
See Figure 3
- Locate the inertia switch in the luggage compartment, then unplug the switch electrical connector.
- Crank the engine for a minimum of 15 seconds. Pressure in the fuel system is now reduced.
Always place a shop cloth around the fitting prior to loosening to absorb any fuel that may spill out.