REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect the throttle position sensor from the wire harness.
- Make scribe marks on the throttle body and on throttle position sensor to indicate the proper alignment during installation.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws. Remove the sensor from the engine compartment.
- Install the sensor, aligning the marks, using the retaining screws tightening to 25-34 inch.lbs. (2.8-3.8 Nm). Ensure that the rotary tangs on the sensor are in proper alignment, and the connector is pointing down.
If the sensor is being replaced, the alignment marks must be transfer from the original unit to the new unit.
- Connect the wire harness to the sensor.
- Connect the negative battery terminal.
- Start vehicle and check idle speed. If high, check alignment marks before adjusting idle.