REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel finish trim around the control panel.
- Remove the 4 retaining screws securing the the control assembly to the instrument panel.
- Carefully pull the control assembly out of the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the wire harnesses for the blower motor and dimmer light on the unit.
- Identify and tag the control assembly cables. Remove the temperature control and function control cable from the control assembly.
- Attach the temperature control and function control cables to their correct location.
- Connect the wire harness for the blower switch and dimmer light on the control assembly.
- Position control assembly in instrument panel and secure with retaining screws.
- Install the instrument panel finish trim.
- Attach battery cable.
- Check ventilation system for proper operation.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Move the temperature control lever to the COOL position.
- Disconnect the temperature control housing end retainer from the air conditioning case bracket using the proper tool.
- Insert the ends of two 1 / 8 in. (3mm) diameter prying tools into the 3.5mm holes in the bezel.
- Apply a light inboard force on the tools to depress the spring clips and release the control assembly from the register housing.
- Pull the control assembly from the register housing and move the control lever to the COOL position.
- Disconnect the temperature cable housing from the control mounting bracket using the proper tool.
- Remove the twist off cap from the temperature control lever and remove the temperature control cable.
- Remove the temperature control wire from the lever.
- Disengage the electrical connectors from the control assembly.
- Detach the vacuum harness (2 spring and nuts) and remove the control assembly from the instrument panel.