See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cab
- Remove the cluster opening finish panel screws. Remove the finish panel by rocking upper edge toward the driver's seat.
- Remove the retaining screws attaching the clock to the instrument panel.
- Remove the clock from the opening and disengage the electrical connections.
- Engage the electrical connector to the clock. Position the clock in the instrument panel, and secure with the retaining screws.
- Install the finish panel trim and secure with screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Set time and date.
The clock in these models is located in the front headliner between the 2 front seats. to remove the unit, pry the clock module face out of the hole in the instrument panel with a spring hook in the slot at the bottom of the clock and disengage the electrical connector. To install, engage the electrical connector and snap the clock back into the hole.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lenses by inserting a suitable tool in one of the notches on the side of the lenses.
- Remove the screws on the inside of each lens opening.
- Remove the front screw while supporting the console.
- Remove the console from the roof. Slide the connector shield off of the electrical connector.
The shield is moulded to fit securely over the connector. It may be necessary to lift a portion of the shield over the connector ribs before the shield will slide freely.
- Disengage the electrical halves. Remove the retaining screws attaching the clock to the console panel.
- Remove the locators and remove the clock from the opening.
- Position the clock in the console, by aligning the locator pins.
- Engage the electrical connectors, sliding the shield over the plug when complete, and secure the clock to the console with the retaining screws.
- Position the console to the headliner and secure by attaching the front screw.
- Install the screws on the inside of each lense opening, and when complete, install the lense.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Set clock time and date.