REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column upper and lower trim shroud by removing the self-tapping screws. The steering column attaching nuts may have to be loosened enough to allow removal of the upper shroud.
- Remove the bolts and nuts holding the steering column assembly to the steering column bracket assembly, and lower the steering column to the seat.
- Disengage the electrical connector from the ignition switch.
- Rotate ignition lock cylinder to the RUN position.
- Remove the screws attaching the switch to he lock cylinder housing.
- Disengage the ignition switch from the actuator pin.
- Check to see that the actuator pin slot in the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
A new switch assembly will be pre-set in the RUN position.
- Make certain the ignition key lock cylinder is in approximately the RUN position to properly locate the lock actuator pin. The RUN position is achieved by rotating the key lock cylinder approximately 90 degrees from the LOCK position.
- Install the ignition switch onto the actuator pin. It may be necessary to move the switch slightly back and fourth to align the switch mounting holes with the column lock housing threaded holes.
- Install the new screws and tighten to 50-70 inch lbs. (5.6-7.9 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connector to ignition switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the ignition switch for proper function including START and ACC positions. Also make certain the steering column is locked when in the LOCK position.
- Position the top half of the shroud on the steering column.
- Install the bolts and nuts attaching the steering column assembly to the steering column bracket assembly. Tighten to 15-25 ft. lbs. (20-34 Nm).
- Position lower shroud to upper shroud and install the self-tapping screws.