REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
If gauges are being removed from the cluster assembly, do not remove the gauge pointer because the magnetic gauges cannot be recalibrated.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the instrument cluster to the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable from the cluster panel, as well as the electrical connectors from the cluster assembly. Remove the instrument cluster.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the backplate to the instrument housing.
- With the cluster removed, remove the nuts retaining the fuel gauge assembly to the unit. With the fuel gauge assembly removed, the speedometer assembly can be carefully removed.
Federal law requires that the odometer in any replacement speedometer must register the same mileage as that registered in the removed speedometer.To install:
- Carefully install speedometer assembly into cluster housing.
- Install the fuel gauge assembly into the cluster housing and secure with the retaining screws.
- Position and secure the cluster backplate with retaining screws.
- Engage the electrical connector to the back of the cluster assembly.
- Install the cluster assembly into the instrument panel and secure with retaining hardware.
- Install the speedometer cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Road test vehicle to make sure the speedometer and odometer function correctly.