REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
If gauges are being removed from the cluster assembly, do not remove the gauge pointer because the magnetic gauges cannot be recalibrated.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the instrument cluster to the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable from the cluster panel, as well as the electrical connectors from the cluster assembly. Remove the instrument cluster.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the backplate to the instrument panel housing.
- With the cluster removed, remove the nuts retaining the tachometer assembly to the unit.
- Carefully install tachometer assembly into cluster housing.
- Install the tachometer assembly into the cluster housing and secure with the retaining screws.
- Position and secure the cluster backplate with retaining screws.
- Engage the electrical connector to the back of the cluster assembly.
- Install the cluster assembly into the instrument panel and secure with retaining hardware.
- Install the speedometer cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Road test vehicle to make sure the instruments function correctly.