REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the window regulator handle retaining screw and remove the handle, if equipped. If the vehicle is equipped with power windows and/or power locks, remove the control panel from the door.
- Remove the retaining screw from the armrest recess and around the edge of the door panel.
- Remove the retaining set screw from the remote control mirror bezel. Remove the bezel, if so equipped.
- Remove the door handle pull cap, if so equipped.
- With a push pin tool, putty knife or similar flat tool, pry the trim panel retaining push pins from the door interior panel.
Do not use the trim panel to pull the push pins from the door inner panel holes.
- If the trim panel is to be replaced, transfer the trim panel retaining push pins to the new panel assembly. Replace any bent, broken or missing push pins.
- If the watershield has been removed, be sure to position it correctly before installing the trim panel.
- Be sure that the armrest retaining clips are properly positioned on the door inner panel.
- Position the trim panel to the door inner panel. Route the remote control outside mirror cable through the bezel, if so equipped.
- Position the trim panel to the door inner panel and locate the push pins in the countersunk holes. Firmly push the trim panel at the push pin locations to set each push pin.
- Install the set screw from the remote control outside mirror bezel, if so equipped.
- Install the trim panel retaining screws.
- Install the door handle pull cup.
- Install the window regulator handle, if equipped. If equipped with power windows and/or power locks, install control panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test to make sure the window rolls up and down, and also that the door locks work correctly.