REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Because many of the interior panels are surrounded by some type of trim work, it is important to know how to remove and install trim.Windshield Trim
See Figure 1
- Remove the retaining screws attaching the side trim to the vehicle body. Remove the coat hook if installed. Carefully pry trim panel away from pillar.
- Remove the screw attaching the windshield trim to the pillar.
- Remove trim by carefully pulling toward rear of vehicle.
- Position the trim panel over the windshield and secure with the retaining screw.
- Position the pillar trim panel and secure with retaining screws.
- Install coat hook, if equipped.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Remove the attaching screws above door opening. Remove coat hanger, if equipped.
- Remove the retaining screws around the rear vent window.
- Remove the retaining screws above the rear window.
- Begin removing the trim pieces by carefully prying each piece away from the vehicle.
- Position trim panel around rear vent window.
- Position trim above rear window, and secure with retaining screws.
- Install trim over door opening and secure with retaining screws.
- Install remaining retaining screws around rear vent window.
- Install coat hook, if equipped.
See Figure 4
- Pull visor down and move away to expose visor arm clip. Remove retaining arm clip.
- Move visor back over windshield. Remove retaining screws securing visor to vehicle roof. Carefully pull visor down. If equipped with lighted vanity mirror, a wire connector will have to be disconnected as the visor is removed.
- Position visor in mounting hole. If equipped with lighted vanity mirror, connect harness before positioning mirror in hole. Attach mirror with retaining screws.
- Attach visor arm clip to roof with retaining screw.
- Position mirror in arm clip, and move mirror up and down to make sure mirror functions correctly.
See Figure 5
- Remove the retaining screws. On drivers's side panel, an additional screw is hidden behind hood pull handle.
- Carefully pry panel away from vehicle. On driver's side, unfasten hood release cable from behind panel. Once clip has disengaged, remove panel from car.
- Position panel to body. If installing driver's side panel, make sure the hood cable has been installed to the handle. Position panel such that clip aligns with panel and push panel in.
- Secure panel with retaining screws.
See Figure 6
- Remove the rear seat and cushion.
- Remove third brake light, if equipped, by removing the screws from the side of the piece, pulling away from the tray and disconnecting the harness.
- Remove push pins that secure panel to vehicle body.
- Pull panel forward and up. Remove retaining bolts securing rear seat belts, and slide belts through panel.
- Remove panel.
- Secure seat belts with retaining bolts.
- Position panel, feeding seat belts through, and securing the panel with push pins.
- Connect the third brake light harness, and fasten to vehicle with retaining screws, if equipped.
- Install rear cushion and seat.
- Check to make sure third brake light functions correctly.
See Figure 7
- Remove upper retaining screws.
- Carefully pull away weather-stripping around both sides of panel.
- Pull panel up and away to remove.
- Align and push panel down to secure into lower interior panel.
- Attach weather-stripping around both edges of the door such that it holds the panel.
- Attach retaining screws.
See Figure 8
- On 2 door models, remove retaining screws from door sill and remove scuff panel.
- On 4 door models, remove center panel trim.
- On 4 door models, remove retaining screws from sill on front and rear door. Also the screws securing the panel to the center pillar.
- Remove panel by pulling up and away.
- On 4 door models, position panel, and attach retaining screw to center pillar and floor sill of both doors.
- On 4 door models, install the center pillar panel.
- On 2 door models, position the scuff panel on the sill and secure with retaining screws.
See Figure 9
- Remove rear seat and cushion. Remove third brake light assembly, if equipped, by loosening the 2 screws and unplugging the harness. Remove the package tray.
- On 4 door models, remove retaining screws and remove trim panel.
- On 2 door models, remove armrest pad cover by removing the nuts attaching piece to panel.
- Remove trim panel insert by prying out the trim retaining clips.
- Remove panel by unfastening retaining screws, disconnecting the seat belt by removing it from the quarter panel and bringing it through the bezel on the panel. Remove panel from car.
- On 2 door models, install seat belt assembly to vehicle body. Position panel and secure with retaining screws.
- Install trim panel insert by aligning clips with holes on the panel, and pushing on the panel to lock in place.
- Position armrest pad cover and fasten with the nuts.
- On 4 door models, align trim panel and secure with retaining screws.
- Install package tray and third brake light, if equipped.
- Secure rear seat and cushion.