REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Open trunk lid.
- Remove latch retaining screws and disconnect electric latch wire, if equipped.
- On 2 door vehicles, remove the lock support, bracket and retainer.
- On 4 door models, remove the retaining clip.
- On 4 door models, remove screw retaining plate and support to inner panel. Remove plate and support. Remove the pop rivet securing the lock and seal.
- Remove the lock cylinder.
- Whether replacing the lock or inspecting the original lock, lubricate the lock cylinder completely.
- Insert lock cylinder and seal. On 4 door vehicles, install pop rivet to secure unit. If 2 door equipped, install bracket, support and retainer clip.
- On 4 door models, insert and secure retaining plate and support. Install retaining screw.
- Connect electric latch wire for trunk release, if equipped.
- Before closing trunk, use key and make sure cylinder and lock mechanism work correctly.