REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Access the servo from under the vehicle, next to the transfer case.
- Remove the 3 retaining bolts from the shield to the transfer case.
- Unplug the vacuum lines from the servo.
- Remove the vacuum line retaining bracket.
- Remove and discard the 3 E-rings from the servo shift rod.
- Remove the servo unit from the transfer case by removing the retaining bolts.
- Position the servo to the transfer case using the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 7-12 ft. lbs. (9-12 Nm).
- Install 3 new E-rings onto the servo shift rod.
- Connect the vacuum lines to the servo.
- Connect the vacuum line retaining bracket. Tighten the hardware to 7-12 ft. lbs. (9-12 Nm).
- Position the protective shield and secure with the retaining bolts tightening to 7-12 ft. lbs. (9-12 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Road test the vehicle and test the all wheel drive feature.