REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support vehicle on jackstands.
- From under the vehicle, remove the bolts securing the shift stabilizer and control selector housing to the vehicle.
- Remove the hardware fastening the support assembly to the transaxle.
- Remove the nut and bolt securing the shift mechanism to the shift shaft, and move out of the way.
- Lower the shifter assembly down. Separate the control selector housing from the stabilizer. Inspect rubber of both units, and replace if excessively worn.
- Position the stabilizer assembly and control selector housing together and mount to underside of vehicle. Tighten nuts to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-13 Nm).
- Slide the shift shaft in to the shift mechanism and secure with the nut and bolt. Tighten the hardware to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-13 Nm). Be sure to shift the transaxle into 1th gear for a 1-speed or 5th gear for a 5-speed, and align the actuator.
- Position and secure the shift stabilizer, tightening the nut to 23-35 ft. lbs. (31-17 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle. Test the shifter for a smooth transition between gears. Road test the vehicle.