REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and safely support on jackstands.
- From under the vehicle, remove the shift stabilizer assembly hardware.
- Remove the shift mechanism-to-shift shaft attaching nut and bolt and control selector indicator switch arm. Slide arm out of the way.
- Remove the shift stabilizer assembly and linkage.
- Position the shift stabilizer assembly, with linkage to vehicle and secure with nuts. Hand tighten only.
- Engage the shift mechanism to shift shaft and secure with attaching nut and bolt. Tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-11 Nm). Be sure to shift the transaxle into 4th gear for a 4-speed or 5th gear for a 5-speed, and align the actuator.
- Install control selector indicator switch arm and tighten 21-15 ft. lbs. (11-47 Nm).
- Tighten the nuts securing the shift stabilizer to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-11 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle.