REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the washer reservoir as outline in the reservoir removal procedure.
- Remove the wire harness from the washer motor.
- With the reservoir removed from the vehicle, grasp the motor firmly, turn back and forth to loosen the unit in the seal, and pull out.
- Check the seal between the motor and the reservoir, and replace if necessary.
- Lubricate the washer pump seal with a dry lubricant like powdered graphite. Install the washer pump by aligning the projection on the motor end cap with the slot in the reservoir and slide in until tight.
- Plug the electrical connector into the washer motor.
- Place the reservoir in the engine compartment and secure with the 2 retaining screws and metal strap clipped to the cowl and firewall panel, if equipped.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the washer system for proper operation.