REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The windshield washer reservoir is located between the cowl and the engine firewall in the engine compartment. It is accessible by opening the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unclip the metal strap between the cowl panel and the firewall panel, if equipped.
- Remove the 2 screws securing the reservoir to the dash panel.
- Remove the reservoir from the engine compartment as far as possible, in order to disconnect the remaining parts.
- Unplug the harness to the washer motor.
- Grip the washer pump firmly, turn back and forth, and remove.
- Lubricate the washer pump seal with a dry lubricant like powdered graphite. Install the washer pump by aligning the projection on the motor end cap with the slot in the reservoir and slide in until tight.
- Plug the electrical connector into the washer motor.
- Place the reservoir in the engine compartment and secure with the 2 retaining screws and metal strap clipped to the cowl and firewall panel, if equipped.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the washer system for proper operation.