The wiper linkage is mounted below the cowl panel. It can be reached from the engine compartment.pivot shafts and linkage assemblies are connected together with non-removable plastic ball joints. Left and right pivot shafts and linkage are serviced as one unit only.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove left and right cowl grilles.
- Remove both the windshield wiper arms.
- Remove clip on motor drive arm and disconnect the linkage from the motor crank pin.
- Unfasten the attaching screws securing the pivot assemblies to the cowl. Remove the linkage and pivot from the engine compartment area.
- Position the pivot and linkage assembly in the cowl and install the retaining screws.
- Connect the linkage to the crank pin using the retaining clip.
- Install both cowl grilles.
- Position and secure both wiper arms, taking care to check their position on the windshield.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check wiper system for correct operation.