- Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.
Rotate the drive belt tensioner and remove the drive belt from the A/C compressor pulley.
WARNINGIf the refrigerant recovery equipment is attached while the vehicle is raised, be sure the recovery equipment is clear of the vehicles path when the vehicle is lowered.
- If flushing of the air conditioning system has not been performed, recover the refrigerant.
- Remove the bolt and position aside the compressor manifold and tube assembly.
- Disconnect the field coil electrical connector.
Remove the two lower A/C compressor bolts.
- Remove the nut and position the power steering hose aside.
- Remove the two upper A/C compressor bolts.
Remove the A/C compressor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- If a new A/C compressor is to be installed, the clutch assembly must be transferred from the old unit to the new unit.
- Install new O-rings lubricated in clean PAG oil.
- If filtering of the air conditioning system is not to be performed, correctly oil match the system with clean PAG oil.
- If filtering of the refrigerant system is not to be performed, evacuate, leak-test, and charge the refrigerant system.
Observe the following tightening torques:
A/C compressor bolts: 18 ft lbs (25 Nm)