Removal & Installation
- Remove the hub cap and measure the distance from the center of the wheel hub to the lip of the fender with the vehicle on level ground and at curb height.
- Properly raise and support vehicle.
Remove both wheel and tire assemblies.
NOTEComponents must be removed from both sides of the vehicle. Only the right side is shown.
Remove the cap from the top of the stabilizer link.
WARNINGDo not use air tools to remove the nut. Damage to the boot can occur.
NOTETo remove the nut, first loosen the nut, then use the hex holding feature to prevent the stabilizer bar link ball joint from turning.
Disconnect the rear stabilizer bar links from the rear stabilizer bar.
- Remove and discard the nuts.
- Disconnect the links from the bar.
Lower the front of the subframe approximately 1.48 inches (37 mm) .
- Using suitable jack stands, support the subframe.
- Remove the subframe forward bolts.
Remove the stabilizer bar brackets.
- Remove the bolts and nuts.
- Remove the brackets.
- Remove the stabilizer bar bushings.
Disconnect the suspension upper arms from the subframe.
- Remove and discard the nuts and bolts.
Disconnect the arms and rotate them out of the way.
NOTEThe stabilizer bar can be removed from either side.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
Position the stabilizer bar in the vehicle.
NOTEIf the stabilizer bar bushings are badly worn or have no grease, install new bushings. Do not grease the bushings.
- Install the stabilizer bar bushings.
Install the stabilizer bar brackets.
- Position the brackets on the bushings.
- Install the nuts and bolts.
Tightening torque 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm)
WARNINGThe suspension upper arm and bushing must be at curb height before the nuts can be tightened. Failure to do so will result in damage to the bushings resulting in poor ride quality and handling.
Connect the suspension upper arm and bushing to the subframe.
- Position the arm on the subframe.
Install new bolts and nuts. Do not tighten the nuts at this time.
WARNINGDo not use air tools to install the nut. Damage to the boot can occur.
NOTETo install the nut, first install the nut until snug using the hex holding feature. Final tighten the nut using a socket and a torque wrench.
Connect the stabilizer bar links to the stabilizer bar.
- Connect the links to the bar.
- Install new nuts.
- Tightening torque 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm)
- Install the protective cap on the top of the stabilizer bar link.
- Secure the subframe to the body.
- Position jack stands under the suspension lower arm and bushings and raise the suspension until the distance between the center of the hub and the lip of the fender is equal to the measurement taken during Removal, Step 1 (curb height).
Tighten the suspension upper arm and bushing nuts.
- Tightening torque 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm)
- Install both wheel and tire assemblies.