- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the auxiliary coolant flow pump.
Disconnect the heater hose quick disconnect fittings.
Disconnect the heater hose quick disconnect fitting.
- Remove the bolts and position aside the hydraulic cooling fan reservoir.
Release the clamp and disconnect the heater hose.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Raise the vehicle.
Remove the dual coolant flow valve bracket bolts.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the dual coolant flow valve with the hoses and bracket still attached.
- If installing a new dual coolant flow valve, transfer the hoses and the bracket from the old unit to the new unit.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Observe the following tightening torques:
Dual coolant flow valve bracket bolts 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Clean and lubricate the coolant hoses with coolant hose lubricant or plain water only if needed.
- Fill the engine coolant level.