REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The fix orifice tube located in the liquid line cannot be serviced in detail as a component of the line. If replacement is necessary, the line and tube must be replaced as an assembly.
- Discharge the A/C system using an approved Recycling/Recovery unit. Refer to Routine Maintenance .
- Disconnect the refrigerant line at the condenser outlet connection using spring lock coupling removal tools.
- Disconnect the line at the evaporator core using the same spring lock coupling tools.
- Route the new line and integral fixed orifice tube with the protective caps still installed.
- Remove the protective caps. Install new O-rings lubricated with specified refrigerant oil and connect the lines to the fittings.
- Evacuate, charge and leak test the system with refrigerant following procedures in Routine Maintenance .
- Check the system for proper operation.