REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the reservoir primary port (only) with a suitable prytool.
- Rotate the reservoir out of the way and remove the sealing grommet from the casting.
- With a 12mm socket, remove the fluid control valve. Inspect for contamination under the seal or in the center orifice.
The fluid control valve is serviced as an assembly only. Do not attempt to service this unit.
Do NOT operate the brakes until the reservoir is installed and filled, or the primary brake system will have to be bled.
- Install a new fluid control valve. Tighten to 97-115 inch lbs. (11-13 Nm).
- Lubricate a new grommet with clean brake fluid and install it in the primary port.
- Install the reservoir in the new grommet.
- Refill the reservoir. Connect the negative battery cable.