REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Vehicles With ABS
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Apply the brake pedal several times to exhaust all the vacuum in the system.
- Detach and cap the brake lines from the master cylinder.
- If equipped, detach the brake warning indicator connector.
- Unfasten the two nuts and lockwashers that attach the master cylinder to the brake booster.
- Remove the master cylinder from the booster by sliding it forward and upward from the vehicle.
- Position the master cylinder assembly over the booster pushrod and onto the two studs on the booster assembly.
- Install the retaining nuts, then tighten to 14-25 ft. lbs. (18-34 Nm).
- Uncap and connect the brake lines to the master cylinder.
- If equipped, connect the brake warning indicator.
- Fill the master cylinder with Heavy Duty Brake Fluid C6AZ-19542-AA or equivalent DOT 3 brake fluid from a clean, sealed container. Bleed the entire brake system, as outlined in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Operate the brake several times, then check for external hydraulic leaks.