REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support vehicle on jackstands.
- Loosen the retaining nut holding the sensor in the transmission.
- Remove the driven gear with the sensor from the transmission.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the speed sensor.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable by pulling it out of the speed sensor.
Do not attempt to remove the spring retainer clip with the speedometer in the sensor.To install:
- Position the driven gear on the speed sensor. Install the gear retainer.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Ensure that the internal O-ring is properly seated in the sensor housing. Snap the speedometer cable into the sensor housing.
- Insert the sensor assembly into the transmission housing and tighten the retaining nut to 36-54 inch lbs. (4-6 Nm). Lower the vehicle and check system operation.