REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Turn the ignition key OFF and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical harness connector(s) from the ignition coil pack and the radio ignition interference capacitors.
- Disconnect the spark plug wires by squeezing the locking tabs and twisting while pulling upward to release the coil boot retainers.
- Unfasten the ignition coil pack mounting screws, then remove the coil pack and radio ignition interference capacitors, if equipped.
If equipped, save the radio ignition interference capacitors for reinstallation with the ignition coils.
- Position the coil pack and radio ignition interference capacitor (if equipped) to the mounting bracket. Secure with the retaining screws and tighten to 40-62 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
Apply a suitable silicone dielectric compound to the spark plug wire boots before connecting them to the coil.
- Attach each spark plug wire to the ignition coil. Make sure the boots are properly seated.
- Connect the engine control sensor wiring to the ignition coils and, if equipped, radio ignition interference capacitor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Be sure to place some dielectric compound into each spark plug boot prior to installation of the spark plug wire.