REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary for removal, tag and disconnect the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.
- Loosen the distributor cap hold-down screws.
- Remove the cap by pulling it cap straight up. Avoid damaging the rotor points and spring.
- If required, remove the rotor by pulling it straight up.
- Apply a 1 / 32 in. (0.8mm) bead of a suitable silicone compound on the rotor as shown in the accompanying figure. Position the rotor with the square and round locator pins matched to the distributor shaft plate.
- Position the distributor cap on the distributor base noting the square alignment locator. Tighten the hold-down screws to 17-23 inch lbs. (2.0-2.6 Nm).
- If removed, attach the plug wires, noting the correct locations on the distributor cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check the timing. Adjust if necessary.