The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) performs many functions on your car. The module accepts information from various engine sensors and computes the required fuel flow rate necessary to maintain the correct amount of air/fuel ratio throughout the entire engine operational range.
Based on the information that is received and programmed into the PCM's memory, the PCM generates output signals to control relays, actuators and solenoids. The PCM also sends out a command to the fuel injectors that meters the appropriate quantity of fuel. The module automatically senses and compensates for any changes in altitude when driving your vehicle.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right cowl trim panel.
- Disconnect the module wiring leading to the unit.
- Remove the control unit from the bracket by pulling the unit downwards.
- Attach the module to the bracket.
- Attach the wiring to the module.
- Install the right cowl trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.