REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the camshaft drive belt cover.
- Remove the drive belt. Remove the auxiliary shaft sprocket. A puller may be necessary to remove the sprocket.
- Remove the distributor and fuel pump.
- Remove the auxiliary shaft cover and thrust plate.
- Withdraw the auxiliary shaft from the block.
- Slide the auxiliary shaft into the housing and insert the thrust plate to hold the shaft.
- Install a new gasket and auxiliary shaft cover.
The auxiliary shaft cover and cylinder front cover share a gasket. Cut off the old gasket around the cylinder cover and use half of the new gasket on the auxiliary shaft cover.
- Fit a new gasket on the fuel pump and install the pump.
- Insert the distributor and install the auxiliary shaft sprocket.
- Align the timing marks and install the drive belt.
- Install the drive belt cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the ignition timing.