REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fan shroud, as required.
- If necessary, drain the cooling system and remove the radiator.
- Remove drive belts from pulley.
- On those engines with a separate pulley, remove the retaining bolts and separate the pulley from the vibration damper.
- Remove the vibration damper/pulley retaining bolt from the crankshaft end.
- Using a puller, remove the damper/pulley from the crankshaft.
- Align the key slot of the pulley hub to the crankshaft key.
Complete the assembly in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the retaining bolts to specifications, as follows:
- 2.3L engines: 100-120 ft. lbs. (136-162 Nm).
- 3.8L engines: 103-132 ft. lbs. (140-180 Nm)
- 5.0L engines: 70-90 ft. lbs. (95-122 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for proper engine operation.