REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Various models, are equipped with a bracket-mounted electric cooling fan that replaces the conventional water pump mounted fan.
Operation of the fan motor is dependent on engine coolant temperature and air conditioner compressor clutch engagement. The fan will run only when the coolant temperature is approximately 180° or higher, or when the compressor clutch is engaged. The fan, motor and mount can be removed as an assembly after disconnecting the wiring harnesses and mounting bolts.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the fan motor wire connector at the side of the fan shroud. Remove the male terminal connector retaining clip from the fan shroud mounting tab.
- Remove the two fan shroud upper retaining bolts at the radiator support of radiator tanks.
- If necessary, remove the mounting bracket attaching screws.
- Lift the cooling fan motor/fan blade/shroud assembly past the radiator, disengaging the fan shroud from the two lower retaining clips.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. On SC engines, tighten the fan shroud retaining bolts to 27-53 inch lbs. (3-6 Nm). On all other engines, tighten the fan shroud retaining bolts to 46-64 inch lbs. (5.2-7.2 Nm).