REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
V6 and V8 Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rocker arm (valve) cover, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the rocker arm stud nut or bolt, fulcrum seat and rocker arm.
- Lubricate all parts with heavy engine oil before installation.
- When installing, rotate the crankshaft until the lifter is on the base of the cam circle (all the way down) and assemble the rocker arm.
- Tighten the nut or bolt to 17-23 ft. lbs. (23-31 Nm).
Some later engines use RTV sealant instead of valve cover gaskets.