REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly drain the engine cooling system.
- Unfasten the four water pump pulley bolts.
- Remove the automatic belt tensioner and accessory drive belt(s).
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Unfasten the crankshaft pulley bolt, then remove the pulley.
- Remove the thermostat housing and gasket.
- Remove the timing belt outer cover retaining bolt(s). Release the cover interlocking tabs, if equipped, then remove the cover from the vehicle.
- Position the timing belt front cover. If equipped, snap the interlocking tabs into place. Install the outer cover retaining bolts, then tighten to 71-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Using a new gasket, install the thermostat housing.
- Connect the upper radiator hose.
- Install the crankshaft pulley and retaining bolt. Tighten the bolt to 103-133 ft. lbs. (140-180 Nm).
- Install the water pump pulley.
- Install the accessory drive belt(s) and the tensioner.
- Fill the cooling system with the correct type and amount of coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for leaks.