REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the watershield, and, if a new door is being installed, save all the molding clips and moldings.
- Remove the wiring harness, actuator and speakers.
- If a new door is being installed, remove all window and lock components.
- Mark the location of the hinges on the door and pillar.
- Support the door and unbolt the hinges from the door.
- Position the upper and lower hinges on the door if removed.
- Position the hinges on the door pillar and partially tighten the hinge bolts.
- Align the door and tighten the hinge bolts to 18-26 ft lbs. (25-37 Nm).
- Attach the electrical harness. Install any remaining components if removed.
- Determine which door hinge screws must be loosened to move the door in the desired direction.
- Loosen the hinge screws enough to allow movement of the door with a padded prybar.
- Move the door the necessary distance. Tighten the hinge screws to 18-26 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm). Check the door fit ensuring that there is no binding or interference with the adjustment panel.
- Repeat the procedure until the desired fit is obtained. Check that the door latch striker tapping plate alignment for proper door closing.