REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open and support the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge positions.
It is a good practice to cover the fenders with an appropriate covering so as not to scratch or damage the body and paint while removing or installing the hood.
- Have an assistant support the hood while you remove the hinge-to-hood bolts and disconnect the hood lift/gas supports.
- Remove the hood, but rest the hood on its side, not on the rear corners.
- Position the hood on the hinges.
- Install the retaining bolts to attach the hood to the hinges.Tighten the bolts to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Install the hood lift/gas supports.
- Install the retaining clip the hood lift/gas supports.
- Adjust the hood and hood latch.
- Side-to-side and fore-aft adjustments can be made by loosening the hood-to-hinge attachment bolts and positioning the hood as necessary.
- Hood vertical fit can be adjusted by raising or lowering the hinge-to-fender reinforcement bolts.
- To ensure a snug fit of the hood against the rear hood bumpers, it may be necessary to rotate the hinge around the 3 attaching bolts.
- Front level adjustment is done by adjusting the two front mounted rubbers on the radiator support, either up or down for proper alignment.