REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1986-87 Thunderbird and Cougar
- Hold one of the map lamps in the switch depressed position and, using a small screwdriver, pop out the lens at the forward edge.
- Remove the 2 console retaining screws now exposed. Lower the front edge of the console and slide it rearward to disengage the 2 rear clips.
- Disconnect all wiring and remove the console.
- Attach the wiring to the console assembly, then place the console into position.
- Tighten the mounting screws for the console.
- Install the lens.
- Check the operation of the overhead lamp.