REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2.3L and 3.8L Except SC Engine
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the throttle position sensor from the wiring harness.
- Matchmark the sensor and throttle body.
- Remove the two retaining screws.
- Remove the throttle position sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Align the matchmarks.
- Tighten the sensor screws 11-16 inch lbs. (15-22 Nm).
This throttle position sensor is not adjustable on these engines.3.8L SC Engine
- Disconnect the idle air control (IAC) valve wiring.
- Remove the lower IAC bolt and loosen the upper. Rotate the valve out of the way to gain access to the TPS bolts.
- Disconnect the TPS wiring and remove the bolts.
- Remove the sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the TPS screws to 26 inch lbs. (35 Nm); the IAC bolts to 70-100 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
This throttle position sensor is not adjustable on this engine.5.0L Engine
- Disconnect the TPS wiring harness.
- Matchmark the TPS and throttle body.
- Remove the 2 retaining screws and the sensor.
- If the sensor had a bushing, it must be reused. Install the bushing with the larger diameter facing outwards.
- Install the TPS on the throttle shaft and rotate the sensor 10-20° counterclockwise to align the bolt holes.
- Install the bolts and tighten them to 11-15 inch lbs. (15-20 Nm).
- Cycle the throttle to the wide open position. It should return without interference.
- Connect the wiring.