REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support vehicle, remove driveshaft and only the right side halfshaft.
- Using a transmission jack to support differential housing, remove the rear mount retaining bolts and remove rear mount from the housing cover.
- Remove the front retaining nuts, bolts, bushings and washers.
- Using a halfshaft removal tool, T89P-3514-A or equivalent, push tool towards carrier to release CV joint stub shaft from gear.
- While lowering axle assembly, move assembly to the right to disengage stub shaft from housing and install plug tool T89P-4850-B or equivalent into left side of housing.
Whenever halfshafts are removed from differential housing always install new oil seals in housing and circlips on stub shafts before reassembly.
- Lightly lubricate left side stub shaft. Position differential housing on jack, raise enough to align left side CV joint stub shaft.Using extreme care push into differential side gear until circlip engages.
- Raise housing into position. Install bushings, washers, bolts and nuts in front mounting holes. Tighten to 68-100 ft. lbs.
- Install rear mount onto housing cover and tighten to 80-100 ft. lbs.
- Install rear mount-to-crossmember retaining bolts and nuts. Tighten to 122-156 ft. lbs.
- Replace the driveshaft and right side halfshaft using the procedures outlined previously.
- Check differential oil level, fill as necessary.