REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2.3L Turbocharged Thunderbird and Cougar Only
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support vehicle on jackstands.
- Support the rear axle housing with suitable jack or stands.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the front axle damper attaching nut and pivot bolt.
- Remove the rear axle damper attaching nut.
- Remove the axle damper and washers.
- Install the washers axle damper on the rear mounting bracket stud.
- Install the rear attaching nut but do not tighten.
- Position the damper into front mounting bracket and install the pivot bolt and attaching nut.
- Tighten both attaching nuts to 55-70 ft. lbs.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.