REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On 1987-88 models, detach the electrical connector at the hydraulic pump motor.
- Using an 8mm hex wrench, loosen and unscrew the accumulator. Do not allow any dirt to enter the open port.
- Loosen and remove the accumulator mounting block, if necessary.
- Install in the reverse order using a new O-ring seal coated with clean brake fluid.
- Tighten the accumulator assembly to 30-34 ft. lbs. (41-46 Nm).
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position for 1987-88 vehicles, or the RUN position for 1989-92 vehicles. Check that the BRAKE warning indicator and Anti-Lock lamps go out after a maximum of one minute. Fill the reservoir as necessary.