REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear axle shaft, as outlined in Drive Train .
- Install a bearing cone remover adapter, such as T71P-4621-B, or equivalent, between the axle shaft flange and sensor ring.
- Position the axle in an arbor press and remove the sensor ring.
- Press the sensor ring into position until a gap of 65.35-85mm between the sensor ring and face of the axle flange is obtained.
- Reinstall the axle shaft and removed components.
See Figures 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Raise and safely support vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the axle halfshaft. Remove the CV-joint assembly from the shaft. See Drive Train for details.
- Position a 2-jaw puller on the CV-joint inner stub shaft, with the puller jaws under sensor ring. Turn wrench until the ring pulls off.
Brake sensor rings must not be reused. Discard ring after removal and replace with a new one.
- Position sensor ring installer T89P-20202-A, or equivalent, on an arbor press bed, with the pilot up.
- Place the new sensor ring on the installer.
- Position the CV-joint stub shaft through the sensor ring and allow the joint to rest on the sensor ring.
- Bottom the press ram in the CV-joint race and press the ring on until it contacts the CV-joint step.