REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly and the inner fender shield.
- Remove the pump motor relay.
- Detach the 55-pin connector.
- Unfasten the three screws attaching the control module to the mounting bracket, then remove the module.
If all three mounting holes in the control module do not line up with the holes in the mounting bracket, the module is incorrectly aligned with the bracket.
- Align the anti-lock brake control module with the bracket so the connector faces the rear of the vehicle and the locking lever faces up and the side with two mounting holes is flat against the bracket at the top.
- Install the three retaining screws and tighten to 5-7 ft. lbs. (7-9 Nm).
- Attach the 55-pin connector by installing the bottom part of the connector into the slots in the control module and pushing the top portion of the connector into the anti-lock brake control module. Then, pull the locking lever completely down to ensure proper installation.
- Install the pump motor relay. Tighten to 5-7 ft. lbs. (7-9 Nm).
- Install the inner fender splash shield and the wheel and tire assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Test drive the vehicle and verify proper brake operation.