REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cables from both batteries.
- Remove the air cleaner and cap intake manifold opening with clean rags.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable and speed control cable, if so equipped, from the injection pump.
- Remove the accelerator cable bracket from the intake manifold and position out of the way with cable(s) attached.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel filter to injection pump and cap all fittings.
- Disconnect and cap the nozzle fuel lines at nozzles.
- Remove the fuel line clamps from the fuel lines to be removed.
- Remove and cap the injection pump inlet elbow.
- Remove and cap the inlet fitting adapter.
- Remove the injection nozzle lines, one at a time, from injection pump using Tool T83T-9396-A, or equivalent.
- Attach the fuel lines to the injection pump, one at a time, and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Clean the old sealant from the injection pump elbow, using clean solvent, and dry thoroughly.
- Apply a light coating of pipe sealant on the elbow threads.