REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands placed under the frame.
- Take up the weight of the front axle with a floor jack.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Disconnect the shock absorbers at the axle.
- Remove the U-bolts and spring plate from each end of the axle.
- Lower the axle and remove the rear shackle nuts and outside plate.
- Pull the rear shackle assembly and rubber bushings from the bracket and spring.
- Remove the nut and mounting bolt securing the front end of the spring and remove the spring.
- Install new rubber bushings in the rear shackle bracket and rear spring eye.
- Position the front end of the spring at the shackle and install the bolt and nut. Hand tighten the nut at this point.
- Connect the rear end of the spring by inserting the upper stud of the rear shackle through the rear shackle bracket and the lower stud through the rear spring eye.
- Install the outside plate and hand tighten the nuts.
- Position the spring center stud on the pilot hole in the axle and install the spring clips and plate. Hand tighten the nuts.
Raise the axle with the floor jack until the van is clear of the jackstands and connect the lower end of the shock absorber to the front axle. Tighten all fasteners as follows:
Shock absorber lower nut: 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm)