There is no practical way to test the ABS control module in the field. If a preliminary check of all power and ground circuits is negative and all components connected to the control module are functioning properly, the ABS control module may be faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery cables.
- Remove the battery and battery tray.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose and remove the radiator fan shroud.
- Label and disconnect the ABS wiring harnesses.
- Remove the four module retaining screws.
- Pull the module straight forward to clear the coils away from the valve solenoids.
- Lift the module out of the engine compartment.
- Position the module so the coils line up directly with the solenoid valves and push together.
- Install the four module retaining screws and tighten to 35-44 inch lbs.(4-5 Nm).
- Connect the ABS wiring harnesses.
- Install the radiator fan shroud.
- Connect the upper radiator hose.
- Fill the engine with coolant.
- Install the battery tray and battery.
- Connect the positive, then the negative battery cable.